Monday, October 7, 2013

Munster Munday -- Have a snack cake!

I want to go back to October 1992 and have one of these delicious Munster Pack snack cakes...

Mmmmm.....

As I recall, these whipped through town pretty quickly.... this was the only box I snagged, so as a result, I only got the Grandpa mask version


I presume there were masks for all four characters.

Interestingly, I think the artwork for Lily Munster has more of a Lee Meriwether vibe to it.  Lee had just wrapped up the syndicated "Munsters Today" in 1991, but I'm sure it was still (re)running somewhere in 1992.
 
Here's Lee in her Munsters drag...

 
 
And here's the original, sultry Yvonne De Carlo...
 
 
 
 
Now, if you wanted to be really classy, you could take your individually wrapped Munster snack cakes out of the box, and serve them on your Herman Munster head tray....
 
 
Unfortunately, my Herman tray is a little worse for wear.  I bought him sometime in the late 80's at Waccamaw Pottery for $3.00.  As you can see, somewhere along the line, he got stepped on (Christopher), and I could never get him flat again.
 
This tray carries the original copyright info (1964 Kayro-Vue Productions), so as a result, I have seen this tray at antique stores labeled (and priced!) as if it was a vintage item from the original run.  Buyer beware, this Herman was produced sometime in the 80's (which is now vintage, but still...)
 
 
 
 

 
 
 



2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I remember these! And yeah, I'd like some, too, please! :)

Anonymous said...

Delicious Yvonne De Carlo, mmm